Mountains of North Georgia - Thumbnails
These are pictures of my August 2000 hiking trip with my brother Ralph and his four year old son Will. Click a little picture to enlarge it. To see all the pictures in sequence, click the first picture (or here) and then just keep clicking the right-arrow for the next picture.
Will Gensler is a fine hiker and has his own style, as characterized by these principles:
- Never think of a hike as going from point A to point B.
- Stop to investigate when you see things like snails or blackberries.
- If you see a big rock, stop to climb it and have Uncle Harry take a picture.
- Since it's boring to go at a steady pace, run to get far ahead -- and then run back.
- On the return, the first one to get to the car wins.
Click here for automated slide show.